Sunday, October 15, 2017

HOPE : Persistence and Belief

I embarked on the journey of Project HOPE more than 2 years ago.
http://lobodecoded.blogspot.in/2015/07/h-o-p-e.html



It was a lonesome journey and while everyone I spoke with was universally excited, no one was willing to put in their time, money or other resources. It was the first project I had embarked on where I myself wanted nothing out of it. But hoped to make a difference. And HOPE revolved around people, lots of people willing to do something for the greater good. I was confident that it would be a success. I was wrong. It seemed like the greater good was completely irrelevant. The only thing that mattered was the immediate benefits. To oneself. And the organization promoting it.

And with little success, by December of last year, I decided to give up HOPE. Figuratively and Literally. That's when I came across 2 people who refused to give up. 2 people who were as different as people can get. In age. In gender. In philosophy. In ... And yet they independently concluded that they wouldn't give up HOPE. And thereby wouldn't allow me to give up HOPE.

The one thing that they had in common was Belief and Persistence. The believed in HOPE and its goals. And they persisted.

The first is our mentor and guru. Who has requested we keep him anonymous. He took up the project where we had left it. And invested time, money, resources and his incredible vision. To give it New Life.


And Reia. A 19 year old who compelled me to invest 50% of all the money she had collected from gifts, and working and ... And refused to take No for an answer.

We restarted with new found enthusiasm and vigor. We have managed to manufacture 50 HOPE devices. Of which 22 have been pre-sold.


Here's a look at the New HOPE.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxO4A9GfKSAwSUUxVVotRkhTUm8


Now you too can make a difference. For under $200, Get a HOPE and deploy it at a school or a village or a chawl or a ... Or gift a HOPE or even multiple HOPE's to non-profits.

Its time we stopped being like Me and started being like our Guru and Reia. Who have my eternal thankfulness for not letting us quit and to who we dedicate HOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment